Welcome to my MS CCSVI research fundraising blog. I am currently training for a double (ultra - 4.8 mile swim, 224 mile bike, 52.4 mile run) ironman in September of 2010 in an effort to fundraise for MS CCSVI research. You can check out my fundraiser site at http://www.microgiving.com/profile/chuck. I suggest clicking on the "About Me" tab as the MicroGiving.com templates were a little limiting so the profile page did not allow me to add all the content I wanted to add. MicroGiving.com does not keep any of the donations for administration/overhead fee. That means 100% of your donation goes directly to fund CCSVI MS research. For more information about CCSVI you can go to http://csvi-ms.net/en/content/ccsvi-huge-breakthrough-ms. Please help spread the word about my fundraising efforts. Thanks.


Monday, July 26, 2010

7/26 Workouts & Fund Raising update

Today I was up at 4:00 AM and out the door by 4:55 AM for my workout. This morning I rode 42 miles to work and jogged 2.65 miles off the bike. The run was slow, but it was running. :)

I swam 3200 meters over the lunch hour. I did a 3000 meter swim with 200 meters EZ for cool down.

After work I did a 20 min (about 6 miles) spin followed by a 3.4 mile run. Again, it was slow... My target race pace for the 52.4 mile run is 8:00-9:00/mile. I was definitely in that range for both runs today. My plan is to continue to build miles in these smaller slower workouts in hopes that my hip will continue to feel better.

The Democrat is supposed to have an article on the MS fundraiser this week. I am not sure what day, but I was told it will be in there. I am hopeful that there will be some generous people out there who will read the article and decide to make a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment