Welcome to my MS CCSVI research fundraising blog. I am currently training for a double (ultra - 4.8 mile swim, 224 mile bike, 52.4 mile run) ironman in September of 2010 in an effort to fundraise for MS CCSVI research. You can check out my fundraiser site at http://www.microgiving.com/profile/chuck. I suggest clicking on the "About Me" tab as the MicroGiving.com templates were a little limiting so the profile page did not allow me to add all the content I wanted to add. MicroGiving.com does not keep any of the donations for administration/overhead fee. That means 100% of your donation goes directly to fund CCSVI MS research. For more information about CCSVI you can go to http://csvi-ms.net/en/content/ccsvi-huge-breakthrough-ms. Please help spread the word about my fundraising efforts. Thanks.


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

7/21 Workouts and venting

My cycling and swimming are continuing to feel good, but my running is a different story. The bike accident on Monday really left my hips messed up. I really wish people would realize how dangerous a vehicle can be and pay more attention while driving. There really is no excuse for a driver to make a left hand turn without looking at the oncoming traffic. The driver who pulled in front of me really did not have an excuse not to see me. There was nothing obstructing his view. It was daylight. I had bright blinking lights flashing on the front of the bike. I had on a colorful jersey. All I can do is try to stay positive and hope that my hips heal and that I can find a way not to lose the run fitness I have worked hard to gain over the many months I have spent training for the Ultra Tri.

Today I rode 61 miles before work, swam 4000 meters during lunch, and ran 9 miles. The run was slow and ended up being pretty painful the last mile (hips...). I had planned on running long (40+ mile) this weekend, but that is not looking too promising right now. I am going to skip running for the next couple days and try again this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment