Welcome to my MS CCSVI research fundraising blog. I am currently training for a double (ultra - 4.8 mile swim, 224 mile bike, 52.4 mile run) ironman in September of 2010 in an effort to fundraise for MS CCSVI research. You can check out my fundraiser site at http://www.microgiving.com/profile/chuck. I suggest clicking on the "About Me" tab as the MicroGiving.com templates were a little limiting so the profile page did not allow me to add all the content I wanted to add. MicroGiving.com does not keep any of the donations for administration/overhead fee. That means 100% of your donation goes directly to fund CCSVI MS research. For more information about CCSVI you can go to http://csvi-ms.net/en/content/ccsvi-huge-breakthrough-ms. Please help spread the word about my fundraising efforts. Thanks.


Monday, July 19, 2010

7/19 - Wrecked again!!!

Some people just do not watch while they are driving. I was a quarter mile from work when a truck made a left hand turn in front of me. I was heading downhill 30+ mph... He had to cross an island that separated the two sides of the road to turn into his work place. I sat up when I saw him approach the turn and started to slow. He proceeded to cross the street at a snails pace and blocked both lanes. There was no way that I was going to be able to stop in time so I had to either hit him or go down. I chose the latter and went down on my elbow and hip. It was one of those split second decisions where you have to pick the best of two bad situations. My hip has a fist side scrape with plenty of missing skin and my elbow has a scrape the size of a half dollar.

I was 42 miles into my ride when it happened so I decided to ride to the pool (about .25 mile away) to get bandages. The lifeguard hooked me up and I continued on to work where I cleaned up. Definitely not the way to start your hardest training week. :( I am still planning to swim at lunch so the chlorine can help disinfect the wounds. My evening run may not happen... It really depends how sore I get between now and then. Right now the hip is sore and swelling up some. What really sucks is that I just finished healing from the last accident. On the bright side, it could have easily been worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment