Welcome to my MS CCSVI research fundraising blog. I am currently training for a double (ultra - 4.8 mile swim, 224 mile bike, 52.4 mile run) ironman in September of 2010 in an effort to fundraise for MS CCSVI research. You can check out my fundraiser site at http://www.microgiving.com/profile/chuck. I suggest clicking on the "About Me" tab as the MicroGiving.com templates were a little limiting so the profile page did not allow me to add all the content I wanted to add. MicroGiving.com does not keep any of the donations for administration/overhead fee. That means 100% of your donation goes directly to fund CCSVI MS research. For more information about CCSVI you can go to http://csvi-ms.net/en/content/ccsvi-huge-breakthrough-ms. Please help spread the word about my fundraising efforts. Thanks.


Sunday, July 4, 2010

7/4 - Long run - Kind of

I finally ran out of gas. I knew it was bound to happen and today was that day. I started the run feeling pretty good. 7 miles into the run I had thoughts of maybe making 40 miles today. I thought how awesome it would be to hit all my goal distances in the same weekend (6000 meter swim, 150-175 miles bike, and 40 mile run)... Well, I ran into some friends for miles 7-12 and ended up running harder than I intended. That stretch took more out of me than I thought as once I reached mile 18 things got rough. I was OK mentally, but the energy was low. Looking back on the run I KNOW I was dehydrated. I did weigh myself before starting the run and was 5 lbs light before even starting. I lost another 5 lbs during the run.

On the upside, I did make 20 miles and my knee felt better today than in the past. I might just need to suck it up and try to do a run/walk on the treadmill to get to the magic 40 mile mark. The Florida weather just is not conducive to that distance right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment